Besides the one I wrote about here, another one of D.J.’s posts keeps showing up in My Comments.
1. Give an immediate $250 to ‘workers and their families’.
2. Give an immediate $250 to seniors for whatever reason.
3. Give another $250 to ‘workers and seniors’ if the economy worsens.
4. Give money to (aka Provide relief for) homeowners hit by the housing crisis.
5. Create a $10 billion foreclosure fund for irresponsible homeowners.
6. Create an mortgage interest credit (negative tax) only for ‘low-income’ workers.
7. Ensure freedom to unionize (form unions)
8. Provide UNIVERSAL HEALTH CARE COVERAGE by providing the ‘average’ family a $2500 reduction in premiums.
9. Make college ‘affordable’ by providing $4000 tax credit (read ‘tax redistribution’)
10. Tackle ‘concentrated poverty’ in America.
11. Increase the supply of affordable housing (read Government housing)
12. Give every American a $1000 personal check for his/her vote in November. (OK, I made the last one up, but it sure fits the pattern!)
I’m not going to argue whether or not this is a socialist agenda; I don’t want to explain socialism to yet another ignorant fool. No, what I take issue with is this: